Lead generation is one of the most important steps when it comes to setting up the ladder to grow your business. If you are part of a small to medium-sized business, then the only way for you to boost your revenue to a highly profitable margin is to collect leads.
This is because email marketing is still the no. 1 marketing strategy. And the more leads you have, the higher the chances of getting more sales in your marketing campaigns.
However, the real challenge is setting up the lead generation process. You may set up lead gen funnels on you, pop-ups, or paid Ads to collect leads via your main website. But, a better way to collect leads is to have a dedicated website just for lead generation.
Today, you will learn how you can craft a lead generation website using WPFunnels & InstaWP before deploying it to a live domain.
After reading this article, you will understand –
- Why creating a separate lead generation website is a good idea.
- How to plan the right lead generation process
- Proper way to use WPFunnnels and InstaWP to get your website ready
- Launching your lead generation campaign for maximum results.
Eventually, you will learn about every tool you require and the core factors to consider when creating your own lead generation website.
So let’s begin.
Why Should You Create A Dedicated Lead Generation Website?
Normally, you have a domain that ranks quite well for your targeted audience. Most people would suggest you create a lead-generation process for your existing domain. But there are a few extra benefits you will get when running a dedicated lead generation website rather than hosting it on your current domain.
1. Easier To Find For Targeted Audience
Your website may rank for several keywords or audiences, but a dedicated website for lead generation will only rank for keywords related to what you are promising in exchange for the leads.
For example, if you have offered a “Free Social Media Marketing Checklist” as a lead magnet, then that is what it will rank on SERPs (if you have optimized it for SEO). Hence, people will be able to find it directly more easily.
2. Optimized For Lead Generation
Since the site will be optimized for lead generation, all your tools connected with this website will be there to serve the same purpose; no additional tools to get your website cluttered or slowed down. Likewise, your main website won’t require these additional tools, making it less bloated.
3. More Control Over Leads & Campaigns
All the leads here are surely part of a fixed set of user personas. So it will be a lot easier to segment them and convert them with targeted funnels.
4. Easier To Run Campaigns
Since it’s a separate site with its own dedicated audience, you will be able to run targeted email campaigns and other marketing campaigns here without any hassle. All leads will be properly segmented and your campaigns will all be aimed at fixed audiences.
5. Increased Conversion Rates
With a focused design and clear call-to-action (CTA) elements, lead generation websites will be more optimized for converting visitors into leads. This can result in higher conversion rates compared to a generic website.
6. More Scalability
As your business grows, a lead generation website can scale with you. You can add new landing pages, create additional forms, and expand your content to target new segments or markets.
7. Better User Experience
A focused lead generation website can provide a better user experience for visitors. You will be able to offer clear information and pathways to action, reducing bounce rates and improving engagement.
Now that you have learned of the advantages of having a dedicated lead generation website, let us look at how you can prepare your own without breaking the bank.
Steps To Creating A Lead Generation Website
Following are the steps you need to follow to prepare a working lead generation website.
- Decide on your target audience and craft a lead magnet.
- Get a relevant domain and hosting plan.
- Plan the funnel journey for your lead generation process.
- Create your lead generation website in a sandbox environment.
- Deploy the site under the live domain and start promoting.
Let us look at each of them in detail.
1. Decide On Your Target Audience And Craft A Lead Magnet
The first thing you need to understand is that you should only target a single type of audience even if you plan to run different types of lead gen campaigns on this website.
This means, you first need to realize what end result you want your target audience to achieve. All your lead generation funnels will be planned to help the prospect reach this goal.
For example, if the end goal of your target audience is to get significant revenue growth via social media marketing, then your lead magnets should be something that helps with this goal to some extent, such as “Best AI prompts to write Facebook Ads captions.”
Once you have decided on your target audience, craft a lead magnet that you will offer in your first lead generation funnel.
2. Get A Relevant Domain And Hosting Plan
Now, it’s time to choose a suitable domain that will clearly tell people what you are trying to help them with.
For example, you may choose the domain “socialmarketingmatery.com” or “thesocialmoneymaker.com” or something around that line.
Plus, you will need to choose a hosting service that will let you handle large volumes of traffic without costing a fortune while offering proper stability and security.
For hosting services, you may look into WPMUDEV or Kinsta.
3. Plan The First Funnel Journey For Your Lead Generation Process
Depending on what lead magnet you created, it’s time to plan a proper lead generation funnel to get leads and keep them warm.
Let’s assume you crafted a lead magnet “Social Media Marketing Checklist + Worksheets”
Here’s the journey you will need:
- Landing Page: Here, you will need to promote this checklist. You may highlight the benefits of having this checklist and the elements included in it. There will be a lead form where people will need to sign up to collect this checklist.
- Thank You Page: Once someone opts in on the landing page, they should be directed to a thank you page. On this page, you will ask the person to check the email to get the free resource. Plus, you may also ask people to follow you on social media.
Many also consider making a quick pitch of their main service along with a CTA to their main website, which often works quite well.
- Automated Email To Send The Checklist: You will need to set up an email to be sent after someone opts in, where you may provide a link to download the free resource.
**To avoid getting fake emails, you may enable reCAPTCHA for the form, and enable double opt-in confirmation for your emails.
- Nurturing Emails: You may prepare a series of emails to be sent after sending the free resource where you provide more useful information or resources to keep the leads warm before planning a promotional campaign for them.
This journey will ensure you collect leads and prepare them for conversion efficiently.
4. Create The Lead Generation Website In A Sandbox Environment
Rather than working on a live site, it’s best to prepare your lead-gen website in a sandbox environment. Once everything is ready, you may then deploy it under the main domain.
To do so, you will need the following tools:
- InstaWP: To create a WordPress sandbox environment with all the required server settings in minutes.
- WPFunnels: To prepare the lead generation funnel – landing page and thank you page.
- Elementor: To design the funnel pages.
- Mail Mint Pro: To prepare the lead form, collect and manage leads along with segmentation, and set up email marketing automation for the leads.
Follow the steps below:
Step 1 – Generate A Funnel Environment Using InstaWP
In InstaWP, when you click on “+ Add New,” you will find the plugin “Drag & Drop Sales funnel Builder for WordPress” in the Marketing category. Select it.
On the left, choose the category, “Page Builders,” and select Elementor there.
Then configure the environment for the right PHP version, WordPress version, and theme.
We recommend you use the latest version of WordPress along with PHP 8.0 or above. And you may use the theme “Astra,” or “Kadence,” or similar themes.
Now, generate the environment. This will create a sandbox site for you with the plugins WPFunnels and Mail Mint already installed.
Step 2 – Prepare The Necessary Website Pages To Avoid SERP Bans
Step 3 – Create A 2-Step Funnel For Lead Generation Using WPFunnels
On the WPFunnels Dashboard, click on “Add New Funnel.”
You will get the option to choose from a few pre-designed funnel templates or create one from scratch and add a landing and thank you step.
Once you have the steps, edit and design them to match your brand.
Update the landing page copy for your free resource. Leave the area blank, where you want to add a lead form.
On the thank you page, thank the subscriber and ask him to check the email. Plus, include social icons and request people to follow you on social media.
Step 4 – Prepare A Lead Form In Mail Mint And Place It On The Landing Page
Go to Mail Mint > Forms and create a new form.
Here, design a lead generation form with the required fields and assign it to a dedicated list on Mail Mint, let’s say “SMMC claimed.”
When the form is ready, copy its shortcode and go to WPFunnels. Edit the landing page again and place the form where you want the prospects to opt in.
Step 5 – Prepare Your Automated Email Sequence
Go to Mail Mint > Campaigns and create a new email campaign. Here, choose the type “Email sequence for automation.”
Here, create the first email to send access to the free resource. Add more emails on the left side for nurturing emails. For each of these emails, set a delay of 3 days each and design them with copies to nurture these leads.
Save this sequence. You may check each of them via test mail to ensure you have set them up and designed them correctly.
Step 6 – Setup Email Automation Flow To Send The Resource & Nurturing Emails
Go to Mail Mint > Automation and create a new workflow.
Here, set up a trigger “Form Submitted” and assign the form you created for your funnel.
Next, choose the action “Email Sequence” and choose the sequence you just created in the last step.
Step 7 – Setup The Funnel Landing Page As The Website Home Page
Go to your WordPress Settings > Reading
There, select the static page in the homepage.
Below, you’ll get a dropdown of Homepage. There you will just select your preferred funnel landing page as the home page.
And that’s it. Your funnel is ready.
5. Deploy The Site Under The Live Domain And Promote It To Your Targeted Audience
Now, you may test it out, or share it with your client (in case you are offering a service).
If everything looks good, it’s time to map this site to your live domain.
After getting the website live, you have to start promoting it.
- Run Paid Ads to bring in interested prospects.
- Share on social media.
- Send it out to your existing email list.
- Link it to potential blogs you have on your main website.
- Outreach to relevant blogs to help with a link there.
- Create videos and promote them on YouTube.
Creating a dedicated lead generation website can be a game-changer for your business. The benefits are clear: it’s easier to find for your targeted audience, optimized specifically for lead generation and provides more control over your leads and campaigns.
By following the steps outlined in this guide & using powerful tools like WPFunnels and InstaWP, you can seamlessly craft an effective lead-generation website.
So, what are you waiting for?
Implement these strategies into your lead generation efforts and watch as your business attracts a steady stream of high-quality leads.