WordPress templates are crucial components of WordPress design that help in creating sites faster and more efficiently. Imagine WordPress templates as the foundation of your online home. Just like you would want to avoid constructing a house from scratch every time, you don’t need to start from square one when creating a website with WordPress.
These templates provide a structure and design framework for your website, making it much simpler to put together the pages, content, and visuals you want. They are the secret sauce that enables both beginners and experienced web creators to save time and effort while still achieving a beautiful and functional website.
What is a Template in InstaWP?
Templates stand out as a remarkable feature within InstaWP, facilitating the smooth process of building, testing, and launching your live website. In InstaWP, templates offer a straightforward avenue for generating additional income, whether you’re an individual or an agency.
InstaWP’s template feature empowers designers, giving them the opportunity to earn income by crafting templates and sharing them for financial gain. This feature provides a platform for skilled designers to turn their creativity into a lucrative source of revenue.
To say the least, InstaWP truly empowers designers through templates.
Benefits of Using InstaWP Templates
InstaWP’s templates come with several notable benefits that you won’t get from traditional WordPress themes and templates, making them a valuable asset in the world of web development. Let’s look at the benefits of using InstaWP and how cool they are.
1. Faster Project Delivery
InstaWP templates help deliver projects faster by providing a foundation for website development that is both efficient and highly customizable. They reduce the time spent on initial design and coding tasks, allow for easy testing, and open up opportunities for collaboration and monetization
- You Will Be Working With Pre-made Structure: InstaWP templates provide a pre-built structure for your website. This means you don’t have to start from scratch. With a few clicks, you can spring up a website, saving a significant amount of time that would otherwise be spent on designing and coding the fundamental elements of a site.
- Faster design: InstaWP templates allow you to experiment with different ways of bringing your visual design to reality faster. You can experiment with different page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Breezy, etc. Block is also one of the best ways to quickly design your website in WordPress.
2. Extra Income through Monetization
One of the benefits of using InstaWP templates include the ability to offer Website as a Service (WaaS) solutions. If you’re a skilled designer, you can create templates and share them for profit.
3. Freedom from Recurring Plugin/Theme Installation
- Reduction in Plugin Dependency: Templates can reduce your dependency on third-party plugins. Many website owners rely on plugins for features like contact forms, social media integration, sliders, and more. InstaWP templates can include these features as part of the template design, reducing the need to continually search for, update, and manage plugins.
- Pre-Built Functionality: InstaWP templates often come with pre-configured functionality. This means that many essential features and functionalities, which would typically require the installation of various plugins, are already integrated into the template. As a result, you can achieve the desired functionality without the need to search for, install, and configure multiple plugins.
- Consistent Design and Functionality: Templates offer a consistent design and functionality across your website. When you rely on plugins for various features, you may encounter inconsistencies in design and functionality. Templates provide a unified and harmonious user experience throughout your site.
4. Higher Productivity for a Development Agency
Development agencies stand to gain more when they use InstaWP templates to streamline their development process.
Efficient Collaboration: Templates can be easily shared among team members or clients. This streamlines collaboration, as everyone can work from a common template, ensuring consistency in design and functionality. This reduces the back-and-forth communication and revisions typically required in project collaboration.
Reduced Coding Overhead: Templates often come with pre-configured design elements and functionality, reducing the need for extensive coding. Developers can focus on customizing and fine-tuning templates rather than writing complex code from scratch, leading to faster development cycles.
Resource Allocation: With quicker project turnaround times, development agencies can allocate their resources more efficiently. Teams can work on multiple projects concurrently, increasing the agency’s overall capacity and revenue potential.
Maintenance Simplification: Templates often receive regular updates and support from their creators. This means agencies can rely on a stable framework, reducing the time spent on ongoing maintenance and support tasks.
Improved Profit Margins: By streamlining development processes and reducing overhead, agencies can maintain healthy profit margins even when taking on more projects. This is particularly beneficial for scaling and growing the agency.
By enabling faster website development, efficient collaboration, reduced coding efforts, enhanced testing capabilities, monetization opportunities, increased client satisfaction, better resource allocation, simplified maintenance, and the ability to focus on value-added tasks, development agencies can enhance their efficiency and profitability while delivering high-quality WordPress websites to clients in a timely manner.
How to create templates in WordPress and Use them in InstaWP like a Pro?
If you want to create and use InstaWP templates like a pro, stick around for this part because we’ll guide you on the most important things to look for and implement.
1. Add your Most-used Plugins in your Templates
Adding your most-used plugins to templates in InstaWP can streamline your website creation process and ensure consistency in functionality across multiple WordPress websites.
When you create new sites from this template, you’ll have a consistent set of plugins and functionality, saving time and ensuring that your websites are built with your preferred tools and features.
2. Create Various Templates as per the Niches you Serve
Start by identifying the industries or niches you serve, like e-commerce or healthcare. Then, design templates customized for each niche, including the most-used plugins and tailored content.
By saving these templates as presets, you can quickly launch new projects within a specific niche. This streamlines website creation, saves time and resources, and ensures consistency and quality. Clients will appreciate your expertise in delivering websites that align perfectly with their industry, leading to higher satisfaction and repeat business.
3. Design your Template as per the Target Industry
To do this, first, choose a specific niche, such as e-commerce or healthcare. Then, study existing themes within that niche to understand the common design elements and features.
Next, create your template in InstaWP, incorporating these industry-specific design elements and functionalities. This ensures that your templates are well-aligned with clients’ expectations in that industry, making it easier to start projects quickly and deliver high-quality websites that cater to their specific needs.
4. Use a Base Theme or Page Builder to Work Faster with Templates
Consider using a base theme or a page builder to work more efficiently with templates. These tools can significantly speed up your website development process. Base themes provide a solid foundation with essential design elements, while page builders offer a user-friendly interface for creating custom layouts without coding.
By using a base theme or page builder in your template workflow in InstaWP, you can expedite the design and layout phases, saving time and effort.
5. Create Consistent Branding Elements
Create a consistent set of branding elements (e.g., logos, color palettes, fonts) that can be easily applied to your templates. This ensures that each website you create from the templates maintains a cohesive and professional look aligned with your client’s brand.
6. User-Friendly Content Management
Incorporate simple website management for your clients. Configure templates with a user-friendly content management system (CMS) that empowers clients to easily update and manage their website content.
7. Optimize for Mobile Responsiveness
Make your templates mobile responsive by default. Test and refine the templates to guarantee that they display correctly on various devices, providing an excellent user experience across all screens.
8. Include SEO Best Practices
Implement on-page SEO best practices within your templates. This includes optimizing meta tags, headings, and content structure. Integrating SEO features can help clients’ websites rank higher in search engine results.
9. Incorporate Security Measures and compliances
Prioritize website security by including security plugins and practices within your templates. While creating your templates, based on the niche, ensure compliance too.
There are some websites that require compliance.
The most common one is GDPR. Address common vulnerabilities and ensure that websites built from your templates have a strong security foundation.
10. Performance Optimization
Optimize your templates for speed and performance. This involves reducing unnecessary code, optimizing images, and leveraging caching mechanisms to ensure that websites built from your templates load quickly.
How To Create A Template In InstaWP
InstaWP Templates are like ready-made blueprints for your website. They come with everything you need – plugins, themes, and page layouts – to make your WordPress site look and work just the way you want.
With InstaWP, you can easily create and organize these templates. Here is a simple guide on how to create templates on InstaWP.
Begin by logging in to your InstaWP account. This will take you to your dashboard, where you can manage your templates.
These are the 2 ways you can create templates in your InstaWP dashboard
- On the top navigation bar, locate and click on the “Templates” button. This action will direct you to the templates management page.
- In the templates section, you’ll find a “+ Add Template” button in the middle of the interface. Click on this button to start creating a new template. Alternatively, you can use the “Add New +” button located in the top right corner of the interface.
A new window, or modal, will appear, giving you the option to choose an existing site from which you want to create your new template. Select the site you wish to use as a new template
You’ll be prompted to fill out important template details:
- Template Name: Give your template a name.
- Description: Add a brief description of the template.
- Template Type: Choose between “Private Template” (for your use or your team’s) and “Shared Template” (can be shared online with a URL).
- Instant Template: If you have a premium account, you can select this option for faster site creation.
After entering these details, click the “Save” button. You’ll receive a success message on your screen, confirming that your template has been created.
Keep in mind that your template may take a bit of time to become ready. Once it’s marked as “ready,” you can start creating new WordPress sites based on this template.
How to Monetize your InstaWP Templates?
First things first, you can only go ahead with (profitable) monetization when you build a template for general/particular use.
Shared template creation is what you want to focus on if you intend to monetize your template. That is where you get the goodies and pay for your efforts.
These are the simple steps of how to Monetize your InstaWP templates.
First, find and click on the “Shared Templates” page.
- On the template you want to monetize, click on the Monetize icon.
- This takes you to the Shared Template Options Page.
In the center of the page, toggle the “Select Monetize” button.
Decide whether you want to offer your template for free or set a price for it. If you choose a price, enter it in dollars.
Click on the “Save” button. A success message will appear on your screen.
To test your monetized shared template, click on the “Share” button next to the “Preview” button.
- Click on the “Copy Link” button to copy the shared template’s URL.
- Open a new tab or incognito window and paste the link.
Now, users can access your template, create their WordPress site, and follow the instructions provided. And that is it.
Creating templates is easy and efficient with InstaWP. These templates act as ready-made blueprints for websites, saving time and effort. You can customize them, monetize them, and share them with others, offering a valuable service in the world of web development.
InstaWP’s user-friendly features make website creation accessible to all, whether you’re a seasoned developer or just starting in the field. So, go ahead, explore InstaWP, and simplify your website development journey today.